Piqua State Bank
The Piqua State Bank was organized in 1910 by L. C. Neimann. During that same year the Farmers State Bank was opened in Piqua by George Wille. In 1914, the Wille family purchased the Piqua State Bank and merged the two banks under the name of the Piqua State Bank. John Wille, George Wille’s son, owned and managed the bank for the next 50 years.
The Bank was eventually purchased by Galen L. (Jack) Curry following his retirement from the Army. The Curry family has owned and operated the bank to this day. The bank is now the only locally owned locally operated bank in Woodson and Allen counties. Several Curry family members are employed by the bank and the bank continues to grow and prosper.
It is the mission of the Piqua State Bank to maintain the safety of the depositor’s money, maximize profits for the stockholders, and have a positive impact on the community.