Plant Operations Manager
NOTE: Applicants must submit an application through the hospital's website at https://allencountyregional.com/careers/. Click "Find A Job" and search by the Job Number listed below or scroll down to find the job(s) you are interested in and click "Apply Online."
Plant Operations Manager (Job Number: 8200-000827)
Facilities Management Plant Ops & Security
Allen County Regional Hospital in Iola, Kansas
- Coordinates plant activities through planning with department managers to ensure objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Coordinates building space allocation and layout, communication services and facility expansion.
- Inspects construction and installation progress.
- Initiates planned maintenance programs for a variety of equipment.
- Develops an operating budget.
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure appropriate operation of the department.
- Implements cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries. Controls and minimizes labor overtime and repair expenses.
- Establishes and monitors overall plant performance and quality standards.
- Maintains existing plant facilities and equipment: replaces or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Provides leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Implements and maintains preventative maintenance programs.
- Incorporates shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
- Provides direction, development and leadership to staff.
- Maintains safe working conditions and practices in the unit.
- Maintains the interior and exterior of all buildings and grounds in all seasons.
- Ensures the performance, condition and reliability of all plumbing, mechanical and electrical equipment to ensure efficient operation.
- Responsible for interviewing, selection, training, performance evaluations, developing goals and developing procedures to ensure achievement of goals.
- Arranges for and manages appropriate third-party contractor support as needed.
- Assures that outside services are properly completed/supervised in accordance with contracts/work orders.
- Ensures all in-house work orders are completed in a timely manner.
- Is knowledgeable of and meets all EOC requirements.
- Prepares reports and records for facility. Investigates and writes reports on accidents, incidents, suspicious activities, safety and fire hazards and other security related situations.
- Serves as the facility Safety Officer.
- Conducts required safety meetings and reported as required.
- Evaluates current procedures, practices and precedents for accomplishing company activities and functions relative to safety and security and coordinates such activities and functions.
- Identifies and resolves safety and security related problems.
- Develops and implements alternative methods for security operation improvement.
- Prepares annual budget as necessary.
- Orders supplies and equipment as needed.
- Develops preventative safety and security programs.
- Performs audits of safety and security related performance and conducts physical surveys of premise security, including identification of unsafe conditions.
- Conducts, supervises and prepares reports relating to internal investigations of any losses or violations of company regulations, policies and procedures. Develops, implements and manages safety and security training.
- Assists in preparation of emergency management and contingency planning.
- Serves as a liaison with public law enforcement, fire and other agencies as it relates to safety and security.
- Sets deadlines to ensure completion of operational safety and security functions.
- Implements activities, training, processes and protocols related to the Emergency Preparedness Plan.
- Promotes and monitors Emergency Preparedness and HAZMAT safety.
- Responsible for procurement of products, supplies and equipment in a cost effective manner.
- Manages hazard surveillance and reports results at Safety Committee.
- Responsible for documentation of Emergency Preparedness activities as mandated by external regulatory agencies.
- Pursues growth through continuing education and inservices.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert on Emergency Preparedness, HAZMAT and technical operations.
- Provides information for Grants as needed.
- Participates in all drills specific to ACRH, ACR Clinics and Home Health/Hospice.
- Participates in community-wide drills.
- Attends community Emergency Preparedness meetings as appropriate, i.e. LEPC and HCC.
Minimum Requirements: (Educational and job experience requirements. Knowledge, skills, abilities)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Two years’ experience in Plant Operations Management to include electrical, air conditioning and plumbing training in hospital, hotel or manufacturing plant.
- Experience in Emergency Management preferred.